If you are a regular visitor on my social channels, no doubt you caught the debut of my new Marilyn Monroe ™ Rug sold by Unique Loom on Wayfair. It’s by far my new favorite rug. Unique Loom was smart when they named this incredibly soft shag rug after the glamorous and iconic, Marilyn Monroe™. The minute I laid eyes on it, I was captivated, and that was just via a thumbnail on the internet. Imagine my reaction when this beauty showed up and presented itself as everything and more than I imagined!
This blog post has been sponsored by Unique Loom. All opinions of The Marilyn Monroe™ Shag Rug are 100% my own. Thank you for visiting and supporting this blog.
Why I Chose The Marilyn Monroe™
Pushing aside it’s natural esthetic, this shag rug is soft enough to nap on!! I’m a fan of neutral shag rugs, actually, give me all the shag pillows too. Here are the main reasons why I’m obsessed with The Marilyn Monroe™ by Unique Loom:
- Color – This one is listed as Bone, Beige online. There are seven different color options though, so if off-white isn’t your thing, no worries! I like pattern, but sometimes I just crave a solid base to work around.
- Texture – SUPER soft, but you need to experience in person to really grasp just how soft. If you find yourself with not enough seating during an un-expected gathering in your living room, this rug has enough padding to sit your tush on. Heck, you may find yourself choosing to sit on the floor during your next family game night, it’s that soft!
- Size – The Marilyn Monroe™ Shag comes in seven sizes which includes 2 runner options!
- WAYFAIR – Rugs by Unique Loom are available on Wayfair, WOOT WOOT! That means FREE shipping for most eligible zip codes and frequent SALES!
NOT For the Kitchen
Sink your toes in, almost lose your feet, that’s how soft this rug is. I definitely would NOT recommend placing this rug under your kitchen table. Too many tiny morsels of food could get lost, which leads me to the next topic, cleaning your shag rug.
How To Clean Your Shag Rug
Luxurious texture and depth comes at a price. This bundle of softness does not do well with a regular vacuum, and certainly does not play well with my irobot Roomba. Of course, my vacuum has a rug/bare floor option, but I always feel like it isn’t getting as clean when the rollers aren’t doing their thing. A simple solution is to roll up your rug, lay it over an outside railing, and briskly shake out any debris.
As far as cleaning up soiled spots, I have had no issues. No red wine or anything dramatic has been spilled on it as of yet (insert worried face here), but the small mishaps that have happened were no problem spot cleaning. I recommend using vinegar glass cleaner.
There has been a lot of interest in this rug, so I hope I have provided answers to your questions. The Marilyn Monroe™ Shag Rug by Unique Loom is the epitome of cozy and provides warmth immediately upon arrival.
New Sectional Details
For those asking about details on our new sectional, here is exactly what we ordered.
- Manufacturer – Interior Define
- Corner Sectional
- Cushions – Standard (2 cushions)
- Color – Ecru
- Cushion Fill – Down Alt.
- Finish – Natural Oak
If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to reach out. If I can’t help you, I will put you in touch with someone who can. As always, thank you so much for supporting this blog, hugs.
Author and photos – Martha Knake
Chief Editor – Emily Schunke