Rain or shine, us Midwesterners sure know how to go with the flow don’t we? Relentless mist and even a few downpours couldn’t stop the Great Highwood Pumpkin Festival in Highwood IL., from taking place this past weekend. I was lucky enough to be invited to this event by KILZ Brand, and it turned out to be frightfully delightful ;).
Highlights of the event included:
- Pumpkin carving station – talk about a whole lot of pumpkins!
- HGTV tiny house tour
- DIY pumpkin painting put on by KILZ Brand
- HGTV meet and greet with Ken and Anita Corsini from Flip or Flop Atlanta
- Tons of food vendors and MORE!
We weren’t able to take advantage of a photo op with Ken and Anita, because they were away from their post when Glenn and I were there. But, I did catch the Property Brothers outside the booth ;).
See that large HGTV tote I’m holding? It was filled with KILZ Brand swag! I was already excited about the samples of Magnolia Home paint they sent me last week, and now I have everything I need for my next project!
The only piece missing from this photo is the KILZ brand hat, because Glenn promptly stole that for his own! He took it to work with him before I could photograph it :D. I tried the sample of Magnolia Home Chalk Paint by painting the bottom half of my belly basket, and it turned out so cute! I have been wanting to paint my belly basket forever, and it only took 10 minutes.
Every sample KILZ Brand sent looks heavenly! The chalk paint color I used is called Vintage Finish, and I was so impressed with the application. I normally have to water down chalk paint, but this was ideal consistency without doing a thing. The black satin finish wall paint has me super intrigued. I’m highly considering making a dramatic statement on some wall. I just have to decide which one.
Fan Girl Moment
Probably my favorite takeaway was meeting Liz Fourez, owner of lovegrowswild.com . Creating, writing, publishing, promoting, and inspiring are all qualities that feed by soul in this blogging world. But, meeting blogger friends in person adds depth and lifetime memories. Liz has inspired me from day one, and has accomplished so much. I am truly inspired by her, and not gonna lie… fan girled over her (totally)!!
Magnolia Paint Facts
- Available in 150 colors hand-picked by Joanna Gaines, including the 25-color Market Collection, in Matte, Eggshell, or Satin sheens.
- Exceptional stain-blocking performance and stain and mildew resistant finish.
- Can be used on properly prepared coated or uncoated wood, drywall, masonry, and cured plaster.
- Ideal for interior walls and ceilings
- Excellent coverage, hide and touch-up
- Coverage – 250-400 square feet per gallon
- MRSP – $40-50 per gallon (depending on sheen), $8 per 8oz. sample
Trim and Cabinetry Paint
- All 150 colors are available in a Semi-Gloss or Satin Enamel sheen
- Designed for hard-to-paint surfaces such as kitchen and bathroom cabinets, trim work, and interior window frames and doors
- Durable and fast drying with a cure time of 1-2 hours
- Offers easy clean-up, excellent coverage, hide and touch-up
- Coverage rate- Up to 100 square feet per quart; up to 400 square feet per gallon
- MSRP: $18 per quart, $48 per gallon
Magnolia Home Chalk Style Paint
- Available in 44 tintable hues.
- Fast drying Ultra Matte Finish provides an even, flawless appearance
- Recommended on uncoated or painted interior surfaces, including old and new wooden furniture, cast stone, concrete and metal
- Rich, concentrated, low-VOC formula provides excellent coverage and hide with smooth application
- Coverage rate – Up to 100 square feet per quart, with 2 coats
- MSRP – $29 per quart
Where To Find Magnolia Paint
Magnolia Home by Joanna Gaines Interior and Trim Cabinetry Paints are available at MagnoliaMarket.com and retailers nationwide. Joanna’s Market collection is also available in 8oz. sample cans in the Magnolia Market in Waco, Texas. To find a retailer near you visit KILZ.com/magnolialocator. To learn more about this amazing paint, visit KILZ.com.
That’s A Wrap!
I’d like to thank KILZ Brand and HGTV magazine for inviting me to this weekend event, and for supplying me with all that I need to makeover a space or piece of furniture. I am truly impressed with the quality of the new Magnolia Paint line created by KILZ Brand and Joanna Gaines. There are so many color selections and finishes.
Author and photos – Martha Knake
Chief Editor – Emily Schunke