Happy Memorial Day! I would like to start out by thanking our current troops and those who have died serving our country. In honor of the holiday, I thought it would be fun to share a festive drink recipe found on Pinterest. My blog always posts early, so if you still have no idea what you are taking to the party you were invited to, this could be a hit! If you don’t have time, it will work great for July 4th as well 😉 . Sounds refreshing and looks pretty!
Recipe taken from www.recipegirl.com
- 2 bottles dry white wine (Sauvignon Blanc is good)
- 1 cup triple sec
- 1/2 cup berry-flavored vodka
- 1/2 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1/2 cup simple syrup (see tips below)
- 1 cup blueberries
- 1 1/2 cups hulled and sliced strawberries
- 1 cup raspberries
- 1 1/2 cups pineapple chunks
- Combine all ingredients in a large punch bowl or pitcher and stir well.
- Cover and refrigerate at least 4 hours.
- Serve well chilled with a good scoop of fruit floating in each drink, or serve over ice.
- To make 1/2 cup simple syrup, boil 1/2 cup water and add 1/2 cup granulated white sugar. Turn heat to simmer and stir until dissolved. Turn off the heat and let cool. Now it’s simple syrup!
- Use fresh fruit for this recipe. Frozen just won’t be great.
- To make star-shaped pineapple pieces, cut long and wide pieces of pineapple off the side of the fresh fruit. Use a star cutter to cut shapes.
Enjoy your holiday!
Author – Martha Knake